In order to be licensed to practice using the titles professional dietitian (P.Dt.) or nutritionist in Nova Scotia, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- A four year bachelor’s degree (dietetics) from an accredited university (or education deemed equivalent by the NSDA Registration Committee). Education programs are accredited the the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice and are listed here.
- A 35-40 week accredited dietetic practicum. Education programs are accredited the the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice and are listed HERE.
- Pass of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE).
In Canada, the university degree and internship are based on entry to practice standards, the Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice.
Mail payment or application documents to:
Nova Scotia Dietetic Association
301 - 380 Bedford Highway
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 2L4
- Application fee: $85
- Full membership: $400 ($200 after September 30)
- Non-sufficient funds charge: $25