Applying from Out of Province

You must be registered with the regulatory body in the province in which you work. Therefore, if you practice in Nova Scotia as a dietitian or nutritionist you must be licensed with NSDA.

The Application Process

  1. Retain your membership in the province where you currently live until you are licensed with NSDA.
  2. Apply to NSDA.  Do not submit transcripts, verification of internship or exam results.
  3. NSDA will contact the regulatory body where you are currently registered to confirm your registration in good standing and to obtain copies of your credentials.
  4. New members will be required to start the NSDA Continuing Competency Program (CCP) upon registration.  Information about your obligations with NSDA will be mailed to you.

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions or to schedule an in-person or telephone appointment.  She will respond to your email within two business days.  Should your application be denied, you may appeal the Registration Committee’s decision within 30 days of written notice.