NSDA Newsletter - October 2019
Consultation on Draft Standards of Practice
NSDA is seeking input from dietitians on the draft standards of practice through this online survey. These standards were developed in partnership by the College of Dietitians of Alberta (CDA) and the Saskatchewan Dietitians Association (SDA).
The standards are based on the assumptions that they:
- Support NSDA’s primary professional obligation to protect and serve the public interest;
- Apply to the many diverse professional roles of dietitians;
- Represent the minimum practice performance of dietitians in delivering safe, competent, ethical services;
- Outline mandatory performance expectations;
- Are one element of a continuum of documents such as legislation, codes of ethics, etc;
- Are a comprehensive unit that dietitians are expected to be knowledgeable of and conform to at all times;
- Exist within the context of legislative, regulatory, and organization/employer requirements.
Click HERE to complete the survey by October 30
Consultation on College Bylaws
In preparation for college proclamation, college bylaws are currently being drafted. They will be emailed to registrants for consultation prior to college proclamation.
Consultation on the Draft Active Practice Policy
Thank you to those who provided feedback on the draft Active Practice Policy. This policy will be relevant when there is an active practice hour requirement under the college act. The feedback will be incorporated into a Q&A document. There is not currently an active practice requirement.