Applicants may submit their online application before completion of the dietetic practicum. Hard copies of documentation (university transcript and verification of practicum completion) must be sent to NSDA directly from the university/practicum program. The online application for temporary membership must be received by April 12, 2019 in order to write the May 2019 sitting of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE). The application for temporary membership is also the application to write the Canadian Dietetic Registration Exam (CDRE). There is not a separate application form to apply to take the CDRE.
A temporary member has met all registration requirements (with the exception of the examination). They will write the CDRE at the next available sitting. Once registered as a temporary member, you will receive information from NSDA about how to schedule an appointment to write the CDRE. CLICK HERE for information about the CDRE.
A temporary member can work as a dietitian; but may not use the titles/designation protected by the Professional Dietitians Act. Temporary members may use the designation professional dietitian (candidate) or PDt (c).
FEE SCHEDULE FOR TEMPORARY MEMBERShip
CANDIDATES WRITING THE APRIL 2019 EXAM
- Total $320 = $85 application fee + $235 registration fee
NSDA Bylaws (2007):
Temporary Membership (section 2(c))
- A temporary membership is valid until one of the following conditions ensues:
- the temporary member becomes a licensed member or
- the temporary member fails the exam.
- A candidate who has failed the exam may request an extension of temporary membership. The candidate must be able to support the request for an extension to the Registration Committee. The Registration Committee may grant one extension to a Temporary Member for a period of up to one year from the date the temporary membership originally took effect.
- A candidate shall have three opportunities in four years to challenge the qualifying exam. If the first two attempts result in failures, proof of upgrading will be required to become eligible to challenge the exam for the third and final time.